I’m falling into bad habits again. It seems like every time I go to make a blog post another week has past.? That’s bad for both you and me.? More so for me as a lot of things take place during any given week that I’d love to read and reflect on in my blog (business diary).? I think I just need to stop obligating myself to 400+ word posts every time.? Then, I may not be reluctant to blog when time is sparse. Anyway, here is the cliff notes of what has been going on since last Sunday:
– Lawyer finally got back in touch with me, says it will take $5K for him to compose a legal model for me to follow regarding buyer/seller side birddogs.? I’m going to consider this after I get some more capital established.
– I got the local broker squared away with his website. Hopefully, he’ll think of me when he wants to upgrade it.
– I submitted a bid to develop the new City of Champaign website.? That damn bid application took alot of time, I didn’t expect it to. If I get that bid, I will be a very happy camper.
– Fired my local assistant that I had working on my envelopes and picked up what she had completed. I had to get rid of her not due to performance but due to her undependable nature.
– Found two new assistants.? One that’s local and one non-local.
– Contributed my first guest-blog post to the BiggerPockets.com blog.? I was inspired by Steph’s activity as a guest blogger on that site.? And then I happened to receive a subscriber email stating that they were looking for more guest-bloggers and that they needed someone to blog about the usage of Technology and Real Estate.? I thought to myself, “I can do that”.? I emailed Joshua Dorkin about it, sent him a sample (Yellow Letter tutorial), he liked it, had a few phone convo’s with him, and now I am to post there every Thursday.? I think nothing but good can come from this opportunity.? I just hope I don’t fall victim to the 4 hour writer’s block that I did during the first post.
– Starting to make money as an affiliate of Mozenda, so that’s encouraging.? I spent a lot of time last weekend getting some how-to videos posted to YouTube and I also have starting to target the Data Mining niche of Twitter Users via my additional Twitter Account.? Still have some ground to cover here with the marketing of this product.
– Took on a project to create a video for the Youth Illini Hockey program
– Took another project to create a marketing video for a homeowner in Mahomet, Illinois (10 mi from Champaign).? He’s getting a video and other internet exposure to sell his house, car, and some furniture.? By the way, this guy who is selling his house is my new role model.? He started a construction company about 5 years ago and now is doing extremely well.? He has properties in Illinois and Florida, a sports-car collection, etc…talk about inspiration.? Very soon, I’ll have some toys too.